www.saverocketrynow.org comments

I would like to say how impressive it is that this effort started so rapidly for a specific task, mounted a method, gained support and is more than 60% of the way there with days to go.

It will be an interesting test indeed.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I personally hope this effort succeeds...my only concern is the ADs will = only promote TRA and not even mention NAR....... I do realize that the = movie itself is about the TRA......and not the NAR..... I would prefer ads that promote both organizations....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Comment...

I used Google. I typed "saverocketrynow" without the org.

The top link that showed up was NOT the Save Rocketry Now web site.

Try it your self... here is what I got.

-Scott

Scott Sager

The organizers have pledged to direct people to a site where ALL clubs and groups are represented. That is how they got such widespread support, lark or not.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

promote TRA and not even mention NAR....... I do realize that the movie itself is about the TRA......and not the NAR.....

Perhaps someone involved with the effort could clarify this???

David Erbas-White

P.S. By the same token, if the ads are going to give out (for example) the organization URLs, will there be any additional stuff added for purposes of the ad? The reason I ask is that after the 'recall debate' in which Schwarzenegger participated, the emcee gave out a URL to go to for commenting on the debate format. I actually went to the URL, and it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to find a way to even send them an email, let alone comment about the debate (the site hadn't been updated in months).

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I would be willing to bet these folks have put painfully little thought into the target website or the massive over dose of hits it will get all at once.

I have been very careful to get web resources that can take massive sufdden hits on the little bit of TV and radio I do.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

that is because he has a baner ad to the save rocketry now site on his site with the words saverocketrynow as the on the web page.

if you put in: "Save Rocketry Now " you get the main site.

the main site, they wold need to make the graphic baramiter on the first page a link to more info, and put saverocketrynow in the saverocketrynow tage for the a ref's img src tage.

works like a charm on the index engines.

art

Reply to
Art Upton

That is a fact, ALL rocketry orgs will be represented on the site, as all have helped through their efforts, their donations and their help, (even Jerry, thanks btw). Our goal was to unite all of rocketry in this endeavour as we realized we would need help from everyone. I am truly gratefull for every ones support. The results speak for themselves, we are real close to 50K. Take a bow, everyone, you earned it. But we're not finished yet, so keep on pluggin...

Pat G

the url, btw, will be flyrockets.com. its by no means ready yet, and yes we have thot about a dns that can handle the bandwidth, thats being worked on as well, but quite frankly we've been up to our ears fillin up the buggy with gas , then we'll tackle were the buggy will take us..

Reply to
Potrocs

I did just donate, but have a minor gripe. From the main page their is no link straight to the Raffle tickets. Naturally I would have liked to get a raffle ticket, and donate. From the main page I "donated" to the cash donation. It was not until after I had done this that in further looking around the web site I found the link to purchase a raffle ticket. Live and Learn. This is a very worthy cause and I hope we make it even if I did screw up and not get the ticket. The prize is not the stuff I would receive, but what this will do for our hobby. ;O) Happy Flying Mike Dickinson shortckt4-at-cox-dot-net

Reply to
The Dickinson's

Thanks for pointing that out, i've added a raffle link on the main page.

DONT WORRY. Everyone who has donated >$100 and didnt do it as a raffle purchase will recieve an email to let them know so they can change to a raffle purchase if they want, before the drawing. Or, just drop me a note at snipped-for-privacy@blastzone.com if you want me to change your donation.

Greg Deputy

Reply to
Greg Deputy

Thanks, even when we do stupid things there are people in our hobby willing to help out! This is a good group that's why my whole family enjoys this hobby, and going to launches!

Reply to
Dickinson's

That's fair. Thee guys are at least on top of things and considering the wacky goal, it is 70% there.

Looks like a coup for Frank Uroda and Pat G to me.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point!

Indy groups and launches rock.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Duh, that should say $100 or more, not >$100 (greater than). Sorry for any confusion.

Reply to
Greg Deputy

Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, Jerry.

We've got servers in a datacenter with a large connection, and will be load testing the site heavily before the Ad airs. Its covered.

Reply to
Greg Deputy

Good idea! Thanks.

BTW the effort is over the top and achieved. Frank uroda is to be commended.

So get to work on the main site ans easy to navigate links at the distributed sites.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

THis Rocks(ets) :-) !!

PLEASE JUST PLEASE MAKE IT NEUTRAL for ALL ORGS !!! and absolutely POSITIVE ie no lawsuit legislative crap.

Wow I hope this works !!

I assume their will be at least 3 commercials made so each is different ?

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

More interesting will be just how many more of these "ante in or lose out" dances there will have to be...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng