Student needing better reference material.

I am using Solidworks Student Edition 2003 and have been through the 'Getting Started' manual and 'Engineering Design with Solidworks' but need something more advanced. Any advice on either 'Solidworks for Designers, Release 2003' Sham Tickkoo or 'Inside Solidworks 2003' David Murry. Of course, if I could buy the 1000 page Solidworks reference manual I would do it. Also, how many training classes at $1100 per class would be required to be equivalent to a Certified Solidworks Professional? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Pedro Smith

If you really want to understand SW well invest in the "Catalyst" program. Once a member, you can take very good courses, as many times as you want. The instuctors are all top notch. But the courses are not easy.

_dennis

Reply to
Dennis

In reference to your question "Also, how many training classes at $1100 per class would be required to be equivalent to a Certified Solidworks Professional?" I think that's like asking how many years of school do you need to be a top-notch *anything*. You can take all the training you want, but what makes the difference is experience. It's not until you get into the real world and start using it to produce output for someone that you really learn the ins & outs, what works and doesn't work.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

won't give you the time of day without training. Most companies will not do on the job training, they want some training backgound. The more the better, obviously.

-dennis

Reply to
Dennis