SW Explorer in 2003 problems

My SWexplorer will not run unless I'm logged on as an administrator; niether in standalone or in the main program.

I'm using sp3.1 on WinXPpro with SW2003. The IT people have tried everything but without success as far as priviledges are concerned. And my VAR had me re-install the software. The only way it runs properly is to have admin rights to the PC; this goes for multi-body functions as well on legacy parts.

Does anybody have any ideas on why this would not work having 'power user' rights to the PC?

thanks,

ND

Reply to
Navy Diver

You have read and write privledges? Sometimes if you don't have full access to a specific drive or folder or the file you are trying to change things can go hay-wire.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Corey, yes, I have both but only to the C:\Program Files\SolidWorks directory not the entire C:\drive (I think).

Reply to
Navy Diver