SW2003 - dimensions in Model won't create/display

I typically use one to four or five dimensions on a finished part model.

I have an existing design I started with from someone else. When I attempt to place dimensions on the finished part model they begin to form and them "vaporize" when I finish the operation (the command?)

Is that a setting which controls this display behavior? How do I find it. (Display all annotations is not an appropriate answer in this setting.)

Bruce

Reply to
be

View, Hide all box ticked?

Reply to
pete

View / Hide all is not checked.

Any other ideas why I cannot create "global" model dimensions.

Reply to
be

Bruce,

Are you placing dimensions in a 2D drawing? If yes, do you have the current layer set to a layer that is turned off?

John

Reply to
John Picinich

No, I am not doing a drawing, I am doing a part. (SLWPRT). I usually am able to place dimensions in 3D without being on the same plane. For instance the angle between any planar face and any planar face can be place in the model itself.

However, for whatever reason, this particular design does not allow that normal dimensioning.

Any answers?

Reply to
be