SW2004 - extremely SLOW

OK, so I'm using SW2004 on an assembly, and like some of the new features. BUT, it's taking severaly MINUTES to delete a mating relationship, on a simple revolved part with no external references.....AAAARRRRRGHGHHHH why does it get slower each year???????

How can this be called productivity?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

Sporkman

"Lee Bazalgette" wrote in news:bob9jf$g6a$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com:

did you have mates to assembly features or component patterns? are you running the assembly across a network? do you have anti-virus that scans everything that moves? do you have autorecover turned on? did you open the assembly by double clicking it from Windows Explorer?

matt

Reply to
matt

I've been working on a 1400 components assy (maximum depth 7) for a couple of days now, and I can't see any bigger differance from 2003.

Krister L

Lee Bazalgette skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:bob9jf$g6a$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com...

Reply to
Krister L

Lee,

I have been using 2004/SP0 for the past month and can't say I've noticed it being slower in reference to deleting/adding mate relationships. Someone else mentioned unresolved mates and this triggered a flashback while applying flexible sub-assemblies and configurations. In my case the mates would appear resolved after a long wait. The next time I would open the assembly there would be mate errors everywhere. I was using 2001Plus at the time. Example: toggle mechaninism sub-assembly (flexible) with trunnion cylinder is used within a press assembly to simulate press open and press closed configurations. If you only have one toggle mechanism configuration (flexible) shared between press open and closed configurations, SolidWorks will attempt to resolve. The toggle mechanism sub-assembly requires two configurations (cylinder rod extend and retract configurations) within the toggle sub-assembly (one for press open and for press close).

Kman

Reply to
Kman

Do you have realview graphics on? I noticed that creating new mates is slower when realview is on. If so turn it off & see if your problem goes way when messing with mates.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz (renderman)

Today I went back to this 1400 component assy, but this time loaded as lightweight, and to my big surprise I discovered the same problem as Lee. A simple edit of a mate took for ever. Once everything was set to resolved, the whole thing speeded up again.

Krister