From 3-d Sketch to Sheetmetal

I am having some problems trying to create a sheetmetal part. I am filling a gap between two sheetmetal parts with a complex third. This involves me making a 3-D sketch of the third using lots of reference dimensions. Now that i have completed that sketch I would like to make that straight into a sheetmetal part. This should be a basic extrusion but i am not able to do it. Any ideas?

Reply to
WwhawkwW

Hi W. I usually put the parts I need to connect into an assembly, and then work on the connecting part by referencing features on those parts.

An alternative is to start by putting sketches of the other parts into the part you are creating. Create planes locating these sketches and copy the sketches from the existing parts.

Once the new connecting part is stable (if I don't think significant changes are coming), I usually delete the external references or do a save as to a different part #.

Feel free to post pictures, a link to your parts or more info if you need more help.

You mentioned a "basic extrusion." Be sure you are using the sheetmetal base flange for your extrusion. If that doesn't work from your sketch, then SW won't see it a s sheetmetal. That said, there are lots of work arounds.

H> I am having some problems trying to create a sheetmetal

Reply to
Diego