D-Zone programmable robots

I have completed a game called D-Zone II,

which is the sequel to the popular Shareware release (D-Zone) around 1992. The game-play is the same as the original except the graphics are more sophisticated and this time I have taken care to make the AI more generalized so that you can fairly easily create your own robots. One of the ideas was that players could create their own robots (each robot is a single .dzr file) and watch long battles between the robots of their friends.

An article about programming the robots was published at

Basically the way they work is having events triggered by either clocks or scanners (invisible beams extendeing from the robot that can detect walls or other robots).

The other conditions that can be applied and the events generated are flexible enough to make the robots really quite intelligent. If there is enough interest I can make some user-friendly interfaces within the game to make the robot programming easier but it is already fairly straight forward.

Best regards Julian Cochran

Reply to
Julian Cochran