Origne at Centre of Mass

Hi All,

I was wondering whether there is a way to ensure that the origen of a part is always at the COG parametrically, or whether you just have to use the Mass Props dialogue end determine it manually.

Thanks in advance

lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

I know there's a macro floating around somewhere on the internets that will place a 3D Sketch point at the centre of mass. I'm not sure about actually moving the part's origin, though. I'm sure someone will be along with a link for you...

Reply to
Daquifsta

I have a couple versions of a macro that puts a point at the CG, but neither one moves the part. Let me know if you want either one.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have done a macro feature which moves and rotates the body of the part so, that the COG is always located at the origin and the principal axes of inertia are always oriented to XYZ axes. However, unfortunately I lost it with lots of other macros when my hard drive broke :-(

But basically it is rather simple matrix stuff.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Thanks everyone!

The reason I ask is because I downloaded the example test paper for the CWSP exam and on the hands on example it says the orignen has to be at the parts centre of mass and I wondered if there was a parametric way to do this that would control some of the dimensions I couldn't find on the drawing....

Anyway, thanks again!