SW2005 Splines, warnings or over constraints?

Anyone notice when applying constraints (in particular, tangency but it happens with other constraints as well) to splines in SW2005 they sometimes become over constrained (red) or you get warnings (yellow)?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

yes.

usually when applying a c2 condition, SW applies an EqualCurvature constraint along with a Tangent constraint. Usually removing one of them fixes it. c2 condition in 2005 splines is not very reliable. theoretically a nice enhancement, but in reality you can't count on it working when you need it to.

matt

Paul Salvador wrote in news:41913A57.F9BA3168 @verizon.net:

Reply to
matt

Yep, I've seen the c2 constraint do this also. I've sent a example of the spline tangency errors to my var and I wanted to share it with all here but my server is down,.. I'll post it later.

Yeah, I personally would not expect much out of the new c2 option since it's new. Although, the constraint solver has most likely changed to accommodate the new c2 option and other new constraint options so that is probably why we are seeing these warnings and over constraint issues?

Hopefully these will be fixed soon?

..

matt wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Here are the files...

..and two other indirect problems with using the fill feature..
(ah, yes, your annual subscription at work,.. add something new and break what worked, fix it in a few sp's or next release,.. then pay for annual subscription... then break-it again, and again, and again.... remind me again.. why do we pay for subscription?... to pay people to add new features and break things and fix them again?? hmm,.. is that in the subscription agreement? What a great business plan or model!!!?)

..

Paul Salvador wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador