SW2007 For what it is worth

Reply to
Ken Carpenter

This just begs a reference to "...from which all code can obviously and trivially be derived by one-armed unloved monkeys from Elbonia". For the uninformed here (are there any???) it's a reference to software design at Dilbert's company. I wish I could find one of the specific cartoons that reference it - perfect for the descension of this discussion.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Well, I thrashed it around for a while. Here is what seems to be happening. Creating a configuration will prevent the FeatureXpert from running. In other words a config shuts down SWIFT. But, SWIFT can be used prior to the creation of a configuration to get fillets to work.

So the work around seems to be to use SWIFT to create all needed fillet combinations by creating a fillet, then suppressing and creating a fillet in what will be the next configuration's geometry. When all these fillets have been created then create a config and unsupress the needed geometry in that configuration. Seems like a lot of work, but if SWIFT can make the fillet quicker than you can it might be worth it.

This amounts to a kind of horizontal modeling and is not easy to visualize in SW current feature tree. And it still isn't guaranteed to work.

Reply to
TOP