texture scale foobar

Hi all,

I'm suffering increase annoyance at the texture command in solidworks. I'm not sure when this happened or if it only affects me? But the scale of each and every texture in the default sw textures is off. I work in ips and I would say that textures are approx. 8 to 10 times larger than they should be. ie. If I were to apply a patterned texture like brick of something, even with the scale slider all the way down, the bricks will still be too big.

It did not used to be this way, but I'm not sure when it changed. Is this affecting anyone else?

Thanks,

Zander

Reply to
Zander

YUP,

It's caused me great annoyance, I can't get it to scale either. This was a big problem for me in Maxwell Render, I hope Maxwell can get the textures working properly in Maxwell Studio as I don't believe SolidWorks are going to be even slightly interested in fixing this.

John Layne

John Layne

I'm getting more curious about when this broke, I occasionly use textures in certain types of drawings for effect but not often enough to pinpoint when this happened. It affects custom textures as well.

ps. Have you ordered your new system yet? :) (unmasking multiple secret identities!)

Zander

Reply to
Zander

I'm off to buy it in the next half hour.

Went for:-

1/ Supposedly "high quality" RAM, about 3 times the price of original RAM and 2GB instead of 4GB, as AMD chips will only run anything more than 2GB at T2. I have a permanent headache after spending a lot of time reading about RAM timings, ECC RAM, Stability versus speed etc. Most systems seem to be set up to run games at high speed with cheap RAM, makes me wonder a what percentage of SolidWorks stability issues are caused by "cheap" RAM - So I erred on the cautious side as it's almost impossible to tell what causes some of the instability.

2/ AMD ATHLON X2 4600 - In a year or so I may upgrade this chip to extend the life of this system.

3/ One 76 Gb Raptor drive opposed to the 2 x 36GB as RAID 0. I might add another 76GB Raptor later as RAID 0.

Budgeting bang for buck, is quite an art it I think it would be very easy to spend NZ $4,000 or NZ $10,000 and see only a slight increase in everyday performance.

We shall see.

John Layne

John Layne