textures

Hi together, I am new to Solidworks and just tried the Student Design Kit. But I can't get the textures working. Each time I try to assign a texture to my part or a surface on a part, the texture is not displayed on my part. Do I miss the point? Thanks in adavance, Klaus

Reply to
Klaus

There is a minimum requirement for your video card, which may be the issue.

Reply to
matt

Well, it is quite an old one (GeForce 2) but I don't think that this is the cause of the problem. It works well with other CAD programms and on the SolidWorks homepage it says that GeForce2 passed the hardware test (only limitation: Limited number of accelerated windows).

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Küsters

That's not a Real View capable card, and real view overrides textures. If you installed real view and are trying to use it, there may be issues. If you installed real view, you might try to turn it off. Materials still override textures, even without real view.

Reply to
matt

Yes, I know and Real View is not active in my installation. But it should be possible to display textures without Real View, or not?

Currently there are no materials attached to the part.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus