The Best SolidWorks Workstation

What are your opinions on the best SW workstation for very complex parts? Pretend money is no object. I'm looking for something that SW can utilize. Not a 4 core workstation that SW can only utilize at 25%.

Off the shelf would be fine, custom built would be fine as well.

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
lcifers

If you do not want a four core workstation, then you do not want the best system that is out today for SolidWorks.

The new Core i7 and Xeon Nehalem core cpu's are the fastest for SW. They are four core processors with hyper-threading.

Head over to the forums at SolidWorks and search the Performance and OS/Hardware sub-forums. We have had several discussions on this topic in the last month or so.

forum.solidworks.com

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

Thanks for the reply! I'm not opposed to 4 cores, just want something SW can utilize. I'll do the reading you recommended.

Thanks.

Reply to
lcifers

get an Intel SSD, would help a lot with loading big assemblies

Reply to
Incolumis