Today's Webcast

I signed up but didn't get any info on where to send anything. Can someone email me the info on where to call in and where to watch. Thanks

KM snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
kmaren24

participants have their name to enter and there is phone line access arranged also. I am not sure if I send you the url etc.that you will be able to attend if you are not reg properly.I think you will need to contact SW pronto files were uploaded via the link on the web page advertising the event

Reply to
neil

I did that. And I am trying to contact everyone I know at SolidWorks and all I am getting is voice mail. I've called my VAR and their tech support didn't know about it so they were very little help so I am stuck right now. Any help would be appreciated. KM

Reply to
kmaren24

I signed up when it was originally announced. Not a peep since.

..figures.... :-)

Arif

Reply to
arif

Reply to
Steve

THanks Neil. I am in. I really appreciate it. If they dropped the ball, then I am guessing this is going to get rescheudled.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

well that was a bit disappointing- I couldn't get my phone to connect to the operator for participating in live questions.

hardly any one there ! what happened ID people !!!

Reply to
neil

I, for one, was one of the people that SWx neglected to send their attendee instructions. I skipped taking vacation days and going fishing in the hope that I'd learn something new from that webcast. Needless to say, I'm quite pissed off.

Reply to
Brian

The email I got from SWx didn't have the meeting ID, just the URL and meeting key. I tried for a minute to run through every permutation of the availalbe information that I could think of but eventually had to pass on it. I'm rather curious to find out what I was supposed to enter.

Anything good/useful come up?

-Ed

Reply to
ed1701

I thought it was valuable. I think when they do it again and don't screw up the email to everyone it will be much better. There will be more feedback. I tried to ask as many of my questions as possible and they answered very well. Showed two of my models one I had a challenge I had not solved yet. It was valuable and will be even better when they have more people watching to participate.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

hopefully they will hold it again. if so I think they could do with some more examples of users parts to dissect. very few people participating ...it was actually 90mins after all...they stuffed up there too...struggled for content and ended 15 mins early...I just couldn't type my question fast enough to feed them ;o) nothing new shown today other than some help with atomic bomb fillets. if anything it was a bit simplistic because I wanted to know more about the innards of splines and lofts etc I was really looking forward to live discussion afterward.... :o{

Reply to
neil

Any details? I hate to be a pest, but I'm curious about what they were attempting to do. If you don't have the time for a more detailed description, I imagine that it was recorded and will be available online at some point Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ed1701

Reply to
That70sTick

Here is the link to the recording of the webcast.

I wasn't taking notes but I agree with Neil where he said it was a bit simplistic but I think they were prepared for more user questions and parts. And there really wasn't much user feedback or parts. I sent in two parts and saw them show both. They are on the right track with this type of webcast for advanced training/learning for advanced users. It's format is set up to be an extension of this forum where we all give our best solutions to problems and then SolidWorks takes that and says this is what the best method is. Let's just call this the beta web cast and assume that it will be a little smoother the next time without screwing up the emails back. In fairness I think my ISP blocked the email thinking it was Spam because I cannot forward anything from SolidWorks from my RoadRunner account to work and have it get through. So I guess it's time to register with the Road Runner account. It would be nice also if SolidWorks would stop making their emails for this type of stuff all HTML. Just send out a simple text email for this so it doesn't get blocked by all the Spam software.

KM

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

If this is so, why not just have SW people hangout in the newsgroup and in the SW discussion forum?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: ...SNIP

Reply to
TOP

I think the answer to this is:

1) the senior people are probably too busy - but not fixing bugs :o) - to spend time hanging out here reading cliff and jon drama....probably sensible. 2) to be most effective the format needs to be focused i.e. managed or chaired....they can cut my humorous questions for example... 3) the video allows users to see modelling in action - worth a 1000 words - and the audio brings the inflection missing from the written messages....also there isn't time to pick over and squabble about what is said.

to be honest I think most people realise that the problem with doing better surfacing is that the current tools won't allow you to...and of course SW aren't keen to discuss that publicly or talk about what might arrive sometime. having said that though there are I am sure many smarter ways to use what we have. this is where talking to the people who developed the tools is valuable. the previous webcast where Mark B modelled a remote control was a good idea but if he had shown techniques and strategies for doing things the 'proper' way it would be better. if people can really understand the guts of SW splines and lofts then they can achieve the best results possible. so maybe they need to pick on a demo project and discuss various approaches and the use of particular tools with regard to what's actually happening with geometry. maybe 'tips and tricks' doesn't quite fit the bill...'strategies for better models'? what do you all think?

neil

Reply to
neil

I think the modeling people at SW are really trying to get their house in order and Mark B is a good example of that. They are looking for input and willing to talk.

Reply to
TOP

Same thing happened to us. Twice. One of the other guys signed up and set up a conference room, conference phone and projector so that we could participate as a group. He wasn't able to be here because of his father's death, so I signed up. Neither of us got any confirmation or log-in/phone information from SW.

I hope they do it again, but with a bit more organizational skill.

Jerry Steiger

"TOP" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

This is too funny. :>)

Proof ?

VX is about to release VX 11, and think3 is finally focused on their real strength.... industrial design. A fall release of Pro/E Wildfire 3 is around the corner.

What do you think would happen if PTC started throwing in CAM as well as ISDX for say $5,000 in the fall or sooner ? :>)

SaladWorks is going to have no freaking choice but to start listening.

The FACT is:

SaladWorks Corp is still one hundred percent focused on Autodesk as recently stated by their CEO in upFronteZine.

That SaladWorks Corp. can buy off Mark Biasotti with a job means jack shit. It's actual product capability that really means something and SaladWorks doesn't have the needed capability.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer