Toolbox bearing codes

I regularly need to add in radial ball bearings (and other types also) to my designs, and it would seem that it ought to be quicker to do it using Toolbox.

However, can someone please explain to me how you are supposed to select the desired bearing size from the Toolbox dialogue box???

If I want a 30 bore x 62 od x 16 wide radial ball bearing, it's international standard code is 6206 (the "62" part is a coincidence in this case - it doesn't usually match the size), but in the Toolbox list it calls it 0230.

How the hell do they arrive at that code? How am I supposed to find the right part except by trial and error?

Still ranting, John H

Reply to
John H

The SKF bearings in Toolbox follow the code.

I usually don't bother with Toolbox when it comes to bearings, I get them from the SKF website save them as a part (they email them as assemblies) and add them to the design library.

John Layne

Reply to
John Layne