UGS to Acquire D-Cubed

Just some interesting news:

I don't think much will really change about how D-Cubed does business, but it interesting to note that MUCH of SWX's core components (Parasolid, D-Cubed components) are owned by a cometitor.

Reply to
Arlin

Yes, D-Cubed will still have to honor it's contractual agreements, and it is to their benefit to continue doing business with Autodesk, Catia, Solid Works, Think Design, Onespace, PTC, etc... because it just further lines the UGS coffers everytime a seat of those applications are sold or are upgraded. I imagine it will operate much like Parasolid does.

Maybe it would be much easier if they would all just start buying Solid Edge and just put their name on it :)

Ken

Reply to
PellaKen