Will SolidWorks Or Inventor Have A Real Answer To Synchronous Technology Anytime Soon?

Siemens/UGS doesn't think so:

"Competition

How does this distance you from the competition? Do you expect your competitors to offer something similar in the near future?

We believe that we now have a sustainable lead based on the technical merits of the application layer. It takes years of intimate knowledge of the solid modeling kernel and constraint solver, as well as a unique perspective on how to apply these tools to be able to put such an application layer together."

Siemens/UGS owns Parasolid.

Siemens/UGS own D-Cubed.

Years ago I said SolidWorks should dump Parasolid. Looks like I was right on this front as well.

With the proper marketing from Siemens, SolidWorks bells and whistles aren't going to cut it anymore.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I don't think I've ever seen a person get so pumped up about advertisements for a program he's never even used, and won't ever use.

You're really something else, Jonnie.

Reply to
Joe788

[...]

[ IronCAD V10 sounds like it's going to be just awesome to me! You have better file management than SolidWorks does, you have that awesome Tri-ball thingy that no one else has, you have a free download of IronCAD ] - Jon Banquer
Reply to
brewertr

"Who I'm working with to deliver what truly will be the next generation of CAM:

" ]-Jon Banquer-

"I understand why your shop did not go with HSMWorks. We have a lot of work to do. "-Jon Banquer-

"Jon is not affiliated with HSMWorks ApS in any way and that we cannot control what people are writing on the web. Anybody can get evaluation licenses of HSMWorks and test it themselves. I hope this clarifies any doubt." - HSMWorks ApS -

Reply to
brewertr
[ but I have not seen how UG NX does things. ]-Jon Banquer-
Reply to
brewertr

[...]

It doesn't seem to actually say what it does. I want a system that does scaling intelligently. Will this do that?

Take a flange joint on a circular casing. It's got a scalloped flange and uses 10mm bolts. Say bolt PCD is 1m and constraint is bolt pitch can't exceed 75mm = 42 bolts at 74.8mm CP.

When sales teams demonstrate scaling of typical product to 1.05x times size with normal CAD system we usually find it now needs special

10.5mm bolts and bolt pitch is now 78.5mm. It should be using 44 10mm bolts.
Reply to
Peter Hill

Whatever is free people will use. Not the big guys like motorolla, but our country isnt made up of giant companies anymore. Small buissiness dominates. solidworks and mastercam dominate the industry because they are the best COUGH.....yah right. because they are literally free is more like it.

The current top of the heap will never be because of power, but because of price and availability.

it's sad for sure.

Reply to
vinny

Not when it can't get the job done.

I want you to stop using Mastercam with the CIMCO HSM toolpaths. I'm going to send you my personal copy of BobCRAP to use on your trodes.

In order to survive many small companies (machining job shops) are going to have to do more with better tools.

Here's to hoping Siemens/UGS knows how to market and can change this. Without a doubt they have better technology than SolidWorks or Mastercam.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I have stopped using cimco all together. I'm willing to bet a paycheck nobody at that company ever uses it again. A total waste of money. (friggenSAD) The reason isn't because it's not "kickass"....I assure you it is, but because the average worker has no incentive to go above and beyond the call of duty. Companies seem to be turning into the sum of their parts. Nobody is investing anything in cad cam programming anymore. if they are, it's simply an upgrade of old technology.

I don't know whats going on over there on the west coast, but here on the east coast NOBODY is investing in R and D. Nobody is investing in "new" technology. minor investing is being spent on "upgrading" existing junk, but there's NOBODY out there taking chances. Nobody is trying things to get ahead of the next guy.

You nailed it. The quality or innovativeness of their product is of little concern. The only way they can make it is to dump a high percentage of their resources into marketing, obviously taking resources away from their product innovations.

Now lets be serious. You buy one seat. thats it. Some dumbass sits at that computer for a year and produces 10 percent what they would of on the 10 year old cad system the other 10 guys in the room use. All in the name of "future" skills.

Those days are gone. American companies are teetering on the brink trying to compete with overseas companies. Companies no longer think decades ahead, they think seasons ahead now. if the stuff cant pay for itself in 3-4 months...forget it.

we are screwed.

Of course they do. But be serious, how many people using solidworks are frustraited at what it can't do? .005%? Mastercam? Not many. In fact when I researched for Cimco I caught hell from every direction. "why, mastercam can do anything".

sure it can, and all for just 3500$ whahoohuh?

They'd be better off making a video game modeler, game modders seem light years ahead of this silly industry we call cad/cam. Go on a video game modders site and look at the questions people are asking, then compare that to alt.solidworks.

I'm sorry, but these minor tweaks to these mid grade systems just dont impress me at all. When you ran software 10 years ago thats as good as the best selling stuff now something has gone terrably wrong.

It's worse than car technology. Like we really want all these silly looking square box cars with exploding engines that spit black crap out the back. But ask anybody, what would be the first thing you bought if you had a million bucks, they would mention some squared off car.

We are brainwashed. lets just hope the rest of the world is too(our competition).

Reply to
vinny

Jon, can you please elaborate in YOUR OWN WORDS from YOUR OWN experience, what kind of "superior technology" UGS is using?

Reply to
Joe788