Using the solidworks logo for my own advertising

Does solidworks allow usage of their logo on websites, brochures, etc.

i.e. "Hello, I'm using solidworks to design my stuff..." in my brochures, websites, etc...

Do you need to obtain permission from them?

my VAR is pretty sure you can use it. I just want to figure out the proper way to do it.

Reply to
james

I can put the SW logo on my website in conjunction with my CSWP certification or SWMN membership. Other than that or a scholarly discussion of logos I think you would need permission. If your VAR "thinks" you can use it I would get that in writing.

Reply to
TOP

James, You shouldn't use the SolidWorks logo on your site or brochures. If you are a CSWP you can of course use the logo you received when you passed the test. Sign up for the SolidWorks Manufacturing Network and you'll get another logo to use. There is also a "Designed with SolidWorks" logo I can send to you - contact me offline at:

snipped-for-privacy@xxcox-internetxx.xxcomxx

remove all of the x's

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

James:

Any logo that does not display a "R" (Registered), "C" (copywrite), or TM (Trademark) after itself is fair game to be used at will. I believe this is the general rule. To further protect yourself, the best advice anyone can give you is to ask a Patent Attorney.

G. De Angelis

Reply to
G. De Angelis

Interestingly enough some of this information is available using Search on the subcription support page.

Reply to
TOP