Re: anybody using cam software imbedded in solidworks?

> ?

> > Yes. Currently beta testing HSMWorks 2008 in SolidWorks 2007.

Just got done reading their websites. Nice stuff from what I see. Thing is, I'm kinda not sure it's better to be integrated with solidworks? I will admit I'm sick of leaving solidworks to add some toolpath, but it's nice to be able to "cheat" toolpath in mastercam sometimes. BUt...Maybe solidworks will allow those kinds of freeform toolpath and geometry creations? Can it machine from data in a sketch? Does it always have to be machining on a solid? Is that all it has..solid machining routines?

Once I have toolpath, can I easily rotate, copy, mirror, plane change, toolpaths? Can I easily change the order of cuts in an operations manager kinda thing?

Reply to
vinny

How about you? You got anything worth adding?

Reply to
vinny

They want to make the program idiot proof so they went out and got the biggest one they could find?

Reply to
brewertr

More buzzwords?

Reply to