Variable Radius Filleting in Solidworks, comments

"but why is Michael asking here if you are his buddy,...?"

Most people like to hear a variety of opinions.

Why should Michael be any different ???

"I have no association with or will I ever have an association with Joe Dunne."

This is no surprise to me. ;>)

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

This is not the Rhino NG, did not know if he uses it or not? Oh, you are buddies, sorry, you know best and this is why he is asking questions here??

You know best, Jon, you've demo'd them all, right!? Show us your work using Rhino and IronCad!!??

Oh really? Show some of your work using IronCAD compared to other modelers you use!?

You know best, Jon. Show your work using Rhino and IronCad together!!??

Hmm, since I have always stated IronCad is probably the fastest and easiest modeler to use.... I don't believe I have too, now do I??

Show us your work or please crawl under your rock and go away?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I'll let you in on a secret if you promise not to tell anyone.... he's not the only one. ;>)

Make sure you don't tell anyone !

:>)

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Oh, you must be right, because he really thought highly of you!!!

..

j>

Reply to
Paul Salvador

"You know how to manipulate, don't you?"

You often try but..... ;>)

Remember Michael, Paul ???

In this case it's all about Michael.

Try not to forget that with all your personal attacks and vendettas, okay. :>)

In that spirit here are the questions that you should really try to directly answer that might actually help, Michael.

If Michael goes with IronCAD and still uses Rhino why would this be "restrictive" ????

Name another solid modeler or even a hybrid modeler that has better integration with Rhino than IronCAD ???

Name an easier transition for Michael than IronCAD.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

today and will be here Thursday afternoon to setup the trial software and is coming back for a few hours Friday morning for brief training. No word from Ironcad yet. I will post the results when I know what they are. As for Rhino, I have bought every version since it's start, the things I need badly have been pushed aside for the V3 core issue and as of a McNeel post

last week, it will be late

2003 before the Variable radius filleting becomes a WIP, late 2004 is the projected release date. That means an we will get an inkling by Dec 31, 2003 and it will take a year to develop the initial version. Hey, I love Rhino and I had hoped that little Rhinobeast would have his ticket punched by now, but still not yet. The only reason I have not left before is that I have a huge 12 gig filebase (that is zipped) and it contains so much Rhino work that the cost of changing over needs to be kept to a minimum if possible. Michael
Reply to
Michael

I hear ya on the rhino stuff.

From what I have seen of VX tut's, they improved a lot from what they weren't but a very interesting tool! IronCad's tutorials are some of the best and I believe they still have a hotline you can call and possibly some webex type of connection?

Good luck with the process of finding the best match.

..

Michael wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Doesn't the trade show count?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Because he'd like to do a little CNC programming? After all, that's his end need ....

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

banquercadcam?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Who has posted hundreds of blurbs stating that Rhino is better than sliced bread? Some other jon banquer?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

When you get back on your meds ...

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

jon, Talk about a hypocrite.

One one hand you always harp on how various functionality NEEDS to be included with the core product.

Then, on the other hand, you praise IronCad for its integration with Rhino. So why don't you criticize IC for its lack of functionality (which can be filled with Rhino)???

Reply to
Arlin

Arlin,

"Talk about a hypocrite."

Okay, lets talk about it. :>)

"One one hand you always harp on how various functionality NEEDS to be included with the core product."

I certainly do !

"Then, on the other hand, you praise IronCad for its integration with Rhino. So why don't you criticize IC for its lack of functionality (which can be filled with Rhino)???"

In Micheal's case I praise IronCAD because it may very well be what Michael needs with all his legacy Rhino data. Should I put my own agenda before what may very well be right for Michael ?

"So why don't you criticize IC for its lack of functionality (which can be filled with Rhino)???"

I certainly have ! Need proof ? Just ask and I'll post it or the links to it. In fact, I was so adamant about IronCAD lacking in needed surfacing functionality that an IronCAD tech, who use to be a former SolidWorks Certified Support Engineer and trainer, contacted me. He and I agree on what is needed in IronCAD.

Further, as I'm sure you read, Michael also has an interest in VX's Vision and will be evaluating it. VX's Vision is a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler and does not need to be augmented like IronCAD and SolidWorks do to get the needed basic functionality.

I hope this answer your questions to your satisfaction. If not, let me know what you need from me to make it perfectly clear that I don't think IronCAD is a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler at the moment. I am confident, however, that IronCAD will be a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler by the

2nd quarter of 2004.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer