VB: MathVector

Does anyone know how to create a MathVector for SolidWorks?
I thought it was an arrary of three Doubles "Dim myVector(3) As Double...", but that doesn't seem to work.
Could anyone help me out?
"George" wrote:

apihelp.chm, select the MathVector topic, check the "accessors" link : you get MathUtility::CreateVector.
a MathVector is a COM object which contains 3 doubles, but also methods. Those Math... beasts were introduced in SW2003 only Many older APIs use variants of 3 doubles instead.
--
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com

anyway:
in API

the 1 of

Philippe, Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was wrong above.

variable
Fourth & fourth? It's usually a 3 X 4 matrix. For geometry ...

rotated xyz

values only

"quaternion"
translation.
Scaling: "The canonial form of the matrix which scales the units in the secondary coordinate system is obtained by multiplying the unit vectors representing the secondary axes by the scale factor"(s).
IE, 2,0,0,0 0,2,0,0 0,0,2,0
Each axes can have a different scale applied.
Example: 2,0,0,0 0,3,0,0 0,0,1,0
Hope I got something right <g>. The memory fades ....
--
Cliff

I have used:
Dim MathUtil As MathUtility Dim MathP As MathPoint Dim MathV0 As MathVector Dim PointCoords(2) As Double 'Remember that "0" is the first coordinate so I have 3 values
Set MathUtil = swApp.GetMathUtility Set MathP = MathUtil.CreatePoint(PointCoords) Set MathV0 = MathP.ConvertToVector
It is probably not the bedst way, but it was effektive for my purpose.
Thomas
Thomas, Thanks a bunch! That worked perfectly. I'm now able to move parts in my assembly.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish this VB program soon.