View SLDASM files in Mac OS X ??

Sorry for the naïve question, but I'm working with a designer who is using Solidworks and I was wondering if there's any conversion he can perform or any viewer I can get to view SLDASM files on my Mac (running Mac OSX 10.3)?

Many thanks,

David

Reply to
David Jargowsky

You would need to run a Windows emulator (like Virtual PC) and run SolidWorks Viewer (a freely installable utility available from the SolidWorks CD or - I presume - the SolidWorks.com website

Unfortunately you cannot measure a model using the viewer. I think if you install the Pro version of E-drawings this will let you measure, but it is not free, and he will have to save models with the E-drawing option checked (which slows things down an order of magnitude)

Reply to
Andrew Troup