what instead e-drawing profesional

I would like to send our Solid Works files (.sldprt) in format that enables measurements but DISABLES CAM or STL export. Do You have any idea how to do this?

Reply to
Pawel Leszczak

Sporkman

If not e-drawings, then it would have to be another e-drawings type viewer. Being able to measure a 3d model but NOT have access to the underlying solid would take a custom-written interface. Even sending them a dumb solid (._xt, .sat) even an IGES would still allow them to toolpath it.

Hell, if you allow them to dimension with an e-drawing they could still reverse engineer it.

Reply to
rocheey

Pawel,

I have to ask "why not e-drawings pro"?? It does exactly as you describe...

Anything else I have seen costs more for the same functionality and even then you have possible translation issues. Some otther people may be able to suggest other vendors for this but I guess I just dont get it...

Good Luck!

Todd

Reply to
Todd

Pawel,

You could try "ModelPress"... here's an example..

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Sweet! I'm usually up to schnizz on this shizzle...(ahem)...but I didn't know about this one - and it is free too. Nice. Thanks, Paul.

Reply to
Markus Wankus

It's great! This is what I have been looking for!

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Pawel Leszczak

WHAT, you mean you didnt know, Paul Da Man. There has yet to be a question that he cant answer. He is Super Solidworks Man, able to do anyting in SW in a single click. ;)

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

This works great, except I can't publish models that have been saved in SWX 2004 SP0. I get a VBA runtime error To bad!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Eckstein

Michael,

Just FYI from the Modelpress/Informative Graphics folks - updated Modelpress version to release by Oct 28th - SolidWorks 2004 will be supported.

Gary

Reply to
igc

Very nice.

But what are the reasons why you would not use E-drawings?

Regards

"Pawel Leszczak" a écrit dans le message de news: bm37i7$l9t$ snipped-for-privacy@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Pawel,

E-Drawings Professional now does everything that you describe in your post. I'm a bit confused related to most of the users in this post sending you to another product. If you already have E-Drawings Professional why go to another product? If you want to allow measurements and not allow STL it 's a matter of checking the boxes in the save dialog box. All the user on the other end needs is the viewer if you want to keep your file sizes small.

Reply to
Dave

Just a guess, but perhaps the reason is cost. E-Drawings Pro is not free. But, I believe ModelPress is free.

Reply to
Arlin

ModelPress has a free version and an enhanced feature set version that sells for $650 or so according to their website.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson