Where is SW when it comes to future performance?

Proe is going 64 bit has been on Linux. Now UG is going Linux.

TOP

SW06 is going to be 64-bit. As for linux I doubt that will happen for sometime.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Paul,

Without an exact Linux-native analog of the MFC libraries, SW for Linux would pretty much be a complete rewrite, not a port.

I think one of the biggest problems with SW quirkyness, and stability, is that it uses too many Microsoft components. Most of these were written to drive word processors, spread sheets, and multi-media stuff. Not parametric solid modelers.

Mark

Reply to
MM

"MM" ha scritto nel messaggio news:ooTde.12386$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

Based on what i've seen during the installation and the work with the latest version of SW, It's based on the .net framework and not on MFC. That means a simplified porting using mono on Linux.

Reply to
Beppe

Like Beppe, I've heard that has changed.

Reply to
TOP