Where is the SWW CD?

We were promised a CD of SWW with "everything on it". Has anybody seen this yet?

Reply to
P.

ahhhh well uuummm yes and no.

Reply to
Big Al

Do you walk around with one eye open and one shut? Explain. :)

Reply to
P.

Now THAT was a funny comment, made me choke on my coffee, lol

Reply to
pete

its about 2 weeks away. Hang on, its coming.

Regards

SolidWorks

Reply to
mbiasotti

Thanks Mark, hope my failing memory will fill in the blanks. I am especially waiting for Jankowski's Boot Camp stuff as I want to get ready for SW2005 rollout.

Reply to
P.

Pete,

Actually I finally figured it out. He meant yes we were promised and no he hasn't seen it. Please don't choke on your coffee. Newsgroup Heimlich manuevers are not pretty.

Reply to
P.

Any chance of putting the CD up for sale to those of us that weren't fortunate enough to attend the event?

Thanks, Christine

Reply to
Christine

I think you will find you had to be there. A lot of what is on the CD will be powerpoint and SW models. You won't have a clue what is being said unless you were there. Hence my apprehension.

Reply to
P.

Can it not be free ??? Please? :-)))))))

Reply to
pete

Now Pete. We shelled out anywhere from $500 to approximately $700 to get in to SWW. The presenters spent a lot of their time, not necessarily SW time to prepare for the sessions. They should be compensated and they were. If you had to get a fraction of the training you get at SWW from a VAR it would cost over $1,000. Some of the presenters have posted their material free, but that is up to them. A lot of the API stuff makes it to the SW subscription web site. But, I think they should be compensated, as well as SW for what they did for users.

pete wrote:

weren't

Reply to
P.

Just for the record, the compensation (excepting a gift basket with pretzels, mustard, some chocolate, and a copy of cosmic blobs) is limited to a waiver on the attendance fee (which is admittedly pretty cool because SWx world is quite a resource). There is no actual income, and we are still on the hook for the big money items: travel and lodging. I suppose that the 'compensation' is a more of a logistical benefit, because if presenters do not have admission it would be extremely difficult to sneak into the room to set up and present.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

because SWx

presenters do

Reply to
mbiasotti

You didn't get one? March down to the first floor and demand retribution from Alyson! Personally, I think you should have gotten three baskets for your three presentations - you could get enough spicy mustard to share.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

You're an employee now, they don't have to treat you nice.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
pete

Ok, I agree, that it should not be free then, lol But can you tell me, what is going to be on the cd? I have never seen one before. :-)

Reply to
pete

once they've been released., i was told that all you have to do is request them from your var.

Reply to
kb

Any updates on expected arrival?

Reply to