XMLPropWorks enhancements question

As part of the upgrade of XMLPropWorks (XPW) from v0.5 to v1.0, the ability to read and write from a plethora of file formats in addition to the Access and XML files is being added (as well as a bevy of other enhancements see

The plan is to add the ability to read/write to:

1) comma delimited text files, 2) Excel spreadsheets 3) SQL databases 4) XML databases (write)

Currently, the plan is to implement the SQL database feature utilizing SQLite instead of a full blown client/server SQL system ala MySQL, Postgresql or the MS free SQL server edition. My research indicates that SQLite is robust enough to handle the traffic of up to

50 users to a centrally located database. There are a number of tools out there for managing SQLite databases, but what I don't know is if SQLite databases can be read by MySQL or any of the other free server SQL systems.

What's the opinion of those out there in the know about SQL databases? Is SQLite appropriate in this application?

A beta version of XPW available for testing in a couple of weeks. If you would like to test the system out, please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@dubea.org. Please be forewarned that testing this system is not going to be trivial, but I REALLY need others to look at it and provide feedback. Your existing setup files "should" work with the new version, but obviously none of the new functionality will be gained without updating your setup file. I say "should" as I am planning for complete transparency, but the XPW code is getting complex and things change.

The current plan is for XPW to be free, but it is very likely that a registration gizmo will be implemented so that a record can be kept of who is using it. The plan is to use an ActiveLock

registration function with a 30 day usage window. The registration will hopefully be web based so there won't have to any direct interaction with users.

Thanks,

chris

Reply to
cdubea

sorry for the double post. Terra news is being VERY weird.

Reply to
Chris Dubea