A Hole in the Layout

Well I cut an access hole in my layout today. It is quite big. I am a big guy. I am getting to old to be climbing up on things and figured this would be the best
solution. The layout is L shaped using 4X8 and where they meet is hard to get to.
Now for my question. What is the best way to hide where the insert is? I was thinking a building and a bunch of shrubs. But wanted to know if there was a better way.
Chris
How about a lift-out volcano?

Tom wrote:

I think C4 would be much more fun <g>

You might consider something that is below surface such as a rock quarry, a small pond, a cellar hole from an abandoned building, etc.
This makes it much easier when you actually have to crawl underneath to access the hole. The submerged item can be hinged to fold downward, underneath the layout. You're right there, underneath the hole, so undoing the mechanism and lowering it would be fairly easy to do.
Best of Luck, Matt
ChrisGW wrote:

Besides the other ideas like a rock quarry, if you do a building, use a fence line on the layout itself to hide the cut line for your lift out part if trees would not make the scene flow.
just an idea that I have used in the past.
CGW:
May I suggest a black Cadillac, some MIB's, and a large "Danger! Spatial Anomaly" sign?
Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans.
     snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu writes:

I thouhgt it was a CrownVic!?
--
Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania
and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information

Dan Merkel wrote:

I have already decided that it is going to be a farm with a dirt road leading to it. I am also thinking of building a windmill for the farm and hooking up a small motor. It is a blank blue canvas right now. I just finished laying track for the staging/yard area and have started putting down ballast for it.

The access panel is already cut. I had already done what you suggested with the shape of the blue board the other day. I already had blue board down 2 inches, which if I was to do over again would only be 1 inch. What I like about the cutout is that I can put it on my desk to build the scene, which will make it a lot easier.
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I have taken an idea or two from each and I think it is going to work quite well. Will post pictures when I get my web site updated.
Thanks again to all
Chris