actual ho size drawings of crossing tracks

Does anyone know where I can get actual size drawings of crossing tracks in all the sizes. Thanks

Reply to
Billm10454

Take a look at the Fast Tracks website:

They have templates for lots of scales in different sizes.

Kind regards, Wilbert Vossen

"Billm10454" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net...

Reply to
Wilbert Vossen

What do you mean by "crossing tracks?"

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I meant crossovers. A piece of track shaped like an X

Reply to
Billm10454

OK, I understand you now. That's a "crossing", and they are measured in degrees. Eg, a 15 degree crossing means that the acute angle is -- ta da! -- 15 degrees.

Google NMRA (National Model Railroad Association), and explore their website. IIRC they have templates for crossings, I know they have templates for turnouts.

A crossover consists of two turnouts in parallel tracks so that the train can cross over from one track to the other. A double crossover has four turnouts arranged to form an X, so that trains can cross over from either track to the other.

The place where rails cross over each other is called a frog. A crossing has four frogs, a turnout has one, a double crossover has eight.

Have fun!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

That would be a "crossing". A "crossover" is a pair of switches (turnouts) that allows a train to move from one parallel track to the adjacent one.

Reply to
Rick Jones