Airbrushing matte medium?

I'm "scenicking" a 4X6 N-scale layout using the techniques in Dave Frary's "How to Build Realistic Model Railroad Scenery" book. He suggests using plastic spray bottles to mist matte medium over the ground foam, ballast, etc. after application. The problem I'm having is that there's not much control using the spray bottles, and the matte medium is getting all over the place. Has anyone tried using and airbrush to apply matte medium? Seems to me you would get much better control, and not be blowing the material around and getting glue in your turnouts; but I don't know how well the airbrush would work, either (possibility of quickly clogging up). Has anyone tried using an airbrush to apply matte medium? Thanks. Paul

Reply to
Paul B.