Anything on Logging Railraods?

Hi,

I'm modelling a Weyrhaeuser & Busch Logging Railroad in H0 and looking for anything about Logging Railroads. Any Loggig Railroad, any format (Video, Pictures, Books).

Thanks!

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Chuck

r anything about Logging Railroads. Any Loggig Railroad, any format (Video,= Pictures, Books).

Check out Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette. Lots of high-quality logging info.

Twibil

There are a whole lot of logging themed books around. I'd suggest that you go to

and do a search for logging railroad subject. FWIW, Roibert Koch did two large books on the Shay loco. Prices are not low but the books are a goldmine of stuff on the Shay loco. Otgher books vary from thin 100 page books to huge tomes, depending upon how detailed the author got. Other logging locos like the Heisler and Climax have had books written about them. Most of the books are on the west coast railroads incuding the one you are interested in.

-- Bob May

Bob May

Obvious Man says search the 'Net for Logging railroads. You find many links to keep you busy for hours. I have been doing this for years in whatever hobby I have. I have a few hundred links on different subjects, plus you learn a lot about 'Net searching. Never can tell what will pop up.

Reply to
Rich

anything about Logging Railroads. Any Loggig Railroad, any format (Video, Pictures, Books).

You don't mention what period, but this book on Google (1913) has much info on logging, and a section on logging railroads.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Check out Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette. Lots of high-quality logging info.

Timber Times - Logging, Logging, and Logging

Better for logging than the Gazette, which tends to focus on Colorado NG.

Reply to
LDosser

r anything about Logging Railroads. Any Loggig Railroad, any format (Video,= Pictures, Books).

Library of Congress American Memory...

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http:

Bill