rail things to do in Orlando

I will be in Orlando for a week next month. I will have daytime free since my wife will be in confrences then. What model rail and real rail things are
there to do? any clubs or layouts that I can visit? I am open to suggestions for non rail activities as well.
Thanks in advance
--
Frank Rosenbaum
Please note the new email address: snipped-for-privacy@optimum.net

yes.there is a model railroad layout in the lions's club in nearby St. Cloud.i don't remember the operating nights(i think tuesdays.but don't quote me)however,it might not be there anymore.this was about 10 years ago,and a lot of the mwembers were old

yes.there is a model railroad layout in the lions's club in nearby St. Cloud.i don't remember the operating nights(i think tuesdays.but don't quote me)however,it might not be there anymore.this was about 10 years ago,and a lot of the mwembers were old
thanks.
--
Frank Rosenbaum
Please note the new email address: snipped-for-privacy@optimum.net

Apart from regular railroads and layouts, there is the obvious: Epcot Center (Disney) and the monorail. Then, there are a few aircraft museums in the area - Flying Tigers in Kissimmee, Valiant Air Command in Titusville and Fantasy of Flight (although that one seems to closed at the moment).

Thanks, Werner. We will be going to 3 of the disney parks on the 3 free days we have. I will have to check the museums. I went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, and the Airzoo in Kalamazoo. Both were very interesting.
Thanks again.
--
Frank Rosenbaum
Please note the new email address: snipped-for-privacy@optimum.net
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:45:16 -0400, Frank A. Rosenbaum wrote:

If you ever get to western Oregon, check out the old blimp hangar museum in Tillamook. Not many places have a Martin Mauler, a Lockheed Harpoon, or a Nakajima "Oscar".
http://www.tillamookair.com/html/oscar.html
--
Steve

Now you tell me about that. (G) I am no longer in the Seattle area. I am back east in New Jersey. My wife got Chased out of WaMu, and now works for Quest Diagnostics, in the tax compliance group.
However, if I ever get back there, and I remember about it, I will look it up. Thanks.
--
Frank Rosenbaum
Please note the new email address: snipped-for-privacy@optimum.net

This will prove interesting. The locos are built by Baldwin in the 1920s for a Mexican Narrow Gauge railroad. Purchased by the Mouse and restored for Disney. Oil fired. A small version of the steam type water tank on the mainline for replenishing the tender water. Been there.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/steam-trains-tour /