Athearn couplers on e-bay

Thanks for looking,

Marko

Reply to
Marko Soletic

"Athearn type couplers"??? Those are the X2F couplers that were standard on most HO stuff until everyone started using knuckle couplers a few years ago. Good luck getting anything on them. I've thrown away hundreds of them.

me

Maybe X2Fs are the hot ticket in Croatia. ; ) At least he's not trying to sell dirt clods. : )

Jeff

me wrote:

Reply to
1shado1

ah, I didn't notice he was from Croatia... :)

> tegoryZ19130QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply to
me

Some years ago I read of someone selling a bunch of horn hook couplers on eBay. I had been saving the ones I removed from models for years, so I thought I'd try offering them. I counted out a hundred, then put the remaining ones in similarly size piles. I figured I had around five hundred, so this was the number I offered. I placed them on my flatbed scanner and took an image of the pile for the auction.

I think I got around $11.00 for the lot. Looks like there was a market for them at least at one time!

Bob Boudreau

Reply to
Railfan

Reply to