Atlas Connector, Selector, Twin

Folks:

So! Who here admits to using the Atlas line of electrical control devices? Somebody must be buying them. I want to see a photo of a big panel full of 'em.

Cordially yours: Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

I did as a kid and up until I was in my 20's when I joined the club and did away with my home layout. Still have a large box of selectors that I was thinking about using as simple on-off switches on a lighting panel for the downtown scene so I could change effects duiring an open house.

See, when I was about 8 years old, I was building a plastic ship model when i got this bright idea that if I stuck the green and red wires that came out of the silver looking battery operated motor that came with the kit nto the wall socket, it would run MUCH faster. ( sometimes I can still see the stars )

Needless to say, I'm not allowed to work on anything electrical at the club besides lights and sound.

even at 50 years old, I'm a little shy around electrical stuff.

( if you're gonna laugh at others you must be able to laugh at yourself)

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I used Atlas Selectors for the block control on my layout. There are only four of them. If I had need for more switches, I would probably have used something more compact and less expensive. I also used a number of Connectors for my lighting project. I found them easy to put into place and certainly easy to acquire when I visited the local train stores.

Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:

BillsRREmpire

I am using them because I am very new at this and my knowledge of electricity is zero and I found them easy to use. When my experience increases I will venture in to using other stuff, but for now they work for me I have trains running and I am trying to do the best job I can at modeling my layout. To me its coming along nicely to most of you that I can tell from reading all these posts you would class mine as a toy! That's why I don't normally post anything. I don't mine people giving me advice but I have gotten the impression form reading the many posts that if you are not an expert you are talked down to and just tolerated.

Rick

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Rick Mitchell

cheesecurd