Atlas Connector, Selector, Twin

Folks:
So! Who here admits to using the Atlas line of electrical control devices? Somebody must be buying them. I want to see a photo of a big panel
full of 'em.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

I did as a kid and up until I was in my 20's when I joined the club and did away with my home layout. Still have a large box of selectors that I was thinking about using as simple on-off switches on a lighting panel for the downtown scene so I could change effects duiring an open house.
See, when I was about 8 years old, I was building a plastic ship model when i got this bright idea that if I stuck the green and red wires that came out of the silver looking battery operated motor that came with the kit nto the wall socket, it would run MUCH faster. ( sometimes I can still see the stars )
Needless to say, I'm not allowed to work on anything electrical at the club besides lights and sound.
even at 50 years old, I'm a little shy around electrical stuff.
( if you're gonna laugh at others you must be able to laugh at yourself)
snipped-for-privacy@gannon.edu wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I used Atlas Selectors for the block control on my layout. There are only four of them. If I had need for more switches, I would probably have used something more compact and less expensive. I also used a number of Connectors for my lighting project. I found them easy to put into place and certainly easy to acquire when I visited the local train stores.
Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,100 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
I am using them because I am very new at this and my knowledge of electricity is zero and I found them easy to use. When my experience increases I will venture in to using other stuff, but for now they work for me I have trains running and I am trying to do the best job I can at modeling my layout. To me its coming along nicely to most of you that I can tell from reading all these posts you would class mine as a toy! That's why I don't normally post anything. I don't mine people giving me advice but I have gotten the impression form reading the many posts that if you are not an expert you are talked down to and just tolerated.
Rick
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Every hobby has its know-it-all dumbasses that just don't get it. Don't be afraid to ask questions or post. Ignore the jerks and have fun with the rest.