Atlas "Proto Couplers"

But can I run DCC on it?

Or out of date control systems?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Don't bother to look to any of the commercial turnouts to run with scale or even semi-scale wheels! The turnouts are all built with the track gauge of the flextrack and sectional track in mind and that means that the track gauge is set at the maximum allowable tolerance rather than the gauge itself. With the tolerance problems with making parts exactly the right size by casting, this ends up with most of the track ending up actually over gauge tolerances. Then you add in that the idiots that do the molds are also worried about narrow gauged wheels, the back to back dimension is put at it's limit or beyond and you end up with flangeways so wide that they really don't work well. If you build a turnout to the right dimensions, you will be able to run scale wheels mixed in with RP-25 wheels with only minimal problems with the scale wheels running loose in the turnout. I've been there and done that!

Bob May

Yes, beter still you can also run live steam or clockwork.

That's why I don't use DCC.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Oh. All this time I thought it was that super deal you got on that grab bag of PLA surplus rotary switches and relays.

Reply to
Steve Caple