Atlas' Revised Website

Since Wednesday, 12 October, 2005, Atlas has revised their website such that the introductory animation is now an option How nice!

The revised page opens much faster and allows the reader to get right to business. I know some people probably thought the animation was "cool" or "neat" or "rad" or some other superlative modifier, but i am glad to see a more efficient page that doesn't make me wait around, and that is so very much easier to use than the previous iteration was. Thanx Atlas, if you are reading this. I know you meant well, but the revised page is a great leap better than the previous one.

Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

That's nice! I don't allow for scripting or Java to run on my machines because those two things allow sites to put things on my computer other than cookies and that leads to unscrouplous sites to put viruses on my computer. Also note that emails (Ourlook) run on the same rules as IE does so just opening an email with scripting and Java enabled can cause the poster of the email to put the virus on your machine. I also don't use Flash for the same reasons. If somebody wants to put an antimated image on their page, antimated GIF images do the work just as well although any sounds (I don't have speakers so that is useless for me) won't be syncronized.

Bob May

because those two

cookies and that

Also note that

opening an email

email to put the

to put an

just as well

for me) won't

Good points. I do the same thing myself.

Reply to
Scall5