bachmann 2-6-6-2

i do not remember them announcing a 2-6-6-2. looks nice anyone getting one? jai

Reply to
JaiJEF

"JaiJEF"

No.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Yes. Just bought one from the C&OHS. It's dead on for the C&O class H-5 original USRAs. It looks really great doubleheaded with my old United C&O H-6, although I need to re-motor the H-6 to get them to run well together. GQ

Reply to
Geezer

It's been reliably rumored for over a year, so it's no surprise. It DOES look nice, and someone reported that it ran well. Unfortunately, it's not close to any prototype I model, so I won't be getting one. But it seems a fine new effort.

Dan Mitchell ==========

JaiJEF wrote:

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

Where can you look at a pic of it? Paul

Reply to
res0xur8

Reply to
Geezer

We have one of the Nickel Plate versions up for sale at our website... with a nice color photo!

Reply to
Frank Eva

We have all the versions available on our web site. The price is $210.00. we also have some pictures.

peachcreekshops.com

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

Just got one the other day - it rocks!

I'd say the 2-6-6-2 is the best Spectrum steamer yet. Maybe even better than the Shay...

Okay, maybe not, but... I really like mine.

Later, Nemo

Reply to
Cap'n Nemo

I have both the Rivarossi H-8 and the Spectrum H-5. I THINK the H-5 will outpull the H-8 - not prototypical, of course. It's possible to bash the H-5 to be close to the H-4 or H-6, which were far more numerous. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE

-- Jim Sherman xROADKILL snipped-for-privacy@zYAHOOa.COM < remove lower case letters, then use what's left AS lower case

The hurrider I goes the behinder I gets; which makes sense because the older I gets the more behind I gets. And I is gettin an old behind!

Reply to
Jim Sherman