Bachmann coupler

I am trying to replace the coupler on my Bachmann Spectrum USRA Light 4-8-2. I have the sampler package from Kadee - all sorts of designs.
Nothing seems to fit this engine. It has an integral, molded box with a large center post that is too big for the standard spring box. Any experience with this? Many thanks! Ron
I presume HO scale?
If the bronze spring won't fit, will the #5 fit without the spring? If it does, buy the new "Whisker coupler" and it will fit with its own spring. If not, you might have to cut the center post out and drill and tap a hole so you can adapt a coupler.
--
Frank Rosenbaum
Please Support the following train shows: