Newbe needs some help with basics

Hello. Does anyone know of a website where I can learn how to lay track properly, including track bed, nailing, wiring, tips, and so? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
muselart

Better yet, has anyone any knowledge of a DVD that goes through the laying of sectional track; flexible track, and hand laid rail?

It just seems to me that for my own learning, I learn better by watching and than repeating / doimng what I just watched, than I do by mere reading or looking at a still picture.

Everybody learns in a different style or manner, but watching it done once or twice, with good detailed narration, and then doing it, works or me.

YMMV

muselart wrote:

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:15:22 -0800 (PST), I said, "Pick a card, any card" and muselart instead replied:

My advice would be to go to a club meeting in Colorado somewhere near where you live. You'll get far better advice from the members than you ever could from pictures on a web site. Ask here for anyone who posts on rec.models.railroad from your local area.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Here are some video/DVD possibilities to get you started:

Kalmbach sells some Videos/DVDs:

They also make available (Through Model Railroader magazine) a free video PDF on Joe Fugate's ballasting technique:
Of course, they also sell other video PDF's:
And if you like the free video PDF, Joe Fugate has produced his own series of how-to DVD's:
Disclaimer: I have no interest in any of these products, and other than the free video PDF about ballasting, I have not even viewed any of them. But I did like that free PDF, and I have heard good things about Joe Fugate's DVD's.

HTH, Stevert

Reply to
Stevert

"Stevert" wrote

It's thoughtful of you, but your disclaimer is probably not needed here. After all, if someone asks an honest question in this forum who cares if a manufacturer answers it, so long as the question gets answered accurately?

It's not like you were spamming the newsgroup.

-Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Green Frog has a number of dvds...

NMRA...

Bill Carl has an excellent scenery page:

Thor's outstanding All Gauge Page:

Good luck with your model railroad!

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys: