Big John RDC

The web site for Flying Scotsman hobbies is www.fshobby.com

Frank, for those who may have connected to this group after May 1, 2001 and never had the good fortune to have co-mingled with John Dalton on the net or otherwise, I think it is important to say who and what he was. He was the most beloved member of this group ever -- not because he was a super modeler, but because of what he said and how he said it. When ever a conflict developed, which seemed to be on a regular basis, he made simple comments that quickly put the whole issue out to pasture and did so without any disgrace to the combatants. What a talent and what a person! That was only one of his attributes, there were many others. We all cried when we lost him. To see how this group honored him on his passing check the following.
http://www.fshobby.com/bigjohn.html
Jim Bright
You are correct. His legacy lives on on many railroads. On mine there is a "Big John's Haggis Haven" for the crews to eat in when they pull in to the yard and deliver their trains to the 'hump crew'.

That's great, a unique way to remember a very special person.

Frank Rpsenbaum replied: You are correct. His legacy lives on on many railroads. On mine there is a "Big John's Haggis Haven" for the crews to eat in when they pull in to the yard and deliver their trains to the 'hump crew'. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, don't forget the billboard that Fritz Milhaupt created...Fritz's House of Model Billboards, "Big John's Original Southern BBQ":
http://wyomingyard.com/billboards/bjsbbq /
We all miss Big John.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire http://www.billsrailroad.net
Yup, I miss Big John too. He kept us all in stitches!
Peteski