Colored Sand for layout

There is a fellow I know in Arkansas who has about 60 small plastic jars full of different colored superfine sand. He was told it was used to make
lifelike topographical features (green grass--or brown if the weather is dry or the area is a desert--etc.) He bought this for the jars. Rather than dispose of the sand, he asked me if I had any interest for my layout. I'm not into realistic layouts yet, and thought that perhaps some of you would be interested. If so, please send me an e-mail
Jeff