BLI 2-10-0 with QSI-Sound have no headlight

How could I have "differences" with Ray, considering the fact that he never contributes anything beyond pathetic attempts to put down others?

Reply to
Greg.Procter

So far I'm the only one here who has attempted to solve the MR problem put forward.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

By guessing. Which could cause harm to very expensive items in the process. Next time, perhaps you would be better served to keep your guessing to yourself.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I perform a public service here. Note the cadre of malcontents who are attacking me because I pointed out how dangerous your guessing at a solution can be, Greg. Do you want to buy that poor chap a new toy? You'd scream bloody murder if he sued you over bad advice. I just saved you a lawsuit and all you can do is moan, Scarecrow.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Then this alone should have sent screaming bells off in your head to leave the answer to those who KNOW the answer. Grow up, Greg.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ray, my guesses are educated appraisals based on experience, unlike the sort of guesses you might come up with based on throwing chicken bones at the wall or the direction your pet skinks are facing at sunrise.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

If my advice caused the gentleman to destroy his decoder then he had no business buying the model, let alone taking it out of it's box.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Ray, I have been installing decoders for 25 years - no one with experience of the specific decoder answered rhe query. I gave a generalized answer based on experience of a similar symptom. The gentleman has the manual for his decoder so I consider that there was no need for me to repeat the information contained therein. Do you ever do anything other than troll? (one assumes you don't need an operating manual to accomplish those obvious bodily functions)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

They're still guesses and dangerous to OTHER folks' equipment. You should be ashamed, Greg, but you'll never see the reality of the harm you can do with your nonsense. Keep up the good work.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Oh, dear. Excuses already. I had you pegged for at least a week.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

To normal people with the ability to think, that should have been the first clue for you to mind your own business rather than give potentially damaging advice about something you have no clue about.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Hey, what ya got against feeding' the pigs??

Reply to
Steve Caple

I can see why you never do anything, Ray - you'd have to guess how the boxes of your Tyco "chuff chuff" boxcar open - you might tear the cardboard flap!

Reply to
Greg.Procter

I not understand all this replys from Date 20. Jul. 2009 to today

I write at the 12. Ju. 2009 This is a new from loco, fresh from the factory and have a bad connection cable in the loco boiler. I have re-soldered. all OK

All OK, the Decoder OK, the Loco OK. Only a bad connect to the headlight

Juergen

Reply to
J.Pollak

Got no pigs.

Got *LOTS* of coyotes.

Reply to
Twibil

cable in the loco boiler.

Sorry, Jurgen.

Neither Greg Procter nor Ray Haddad has ever let reality stand in the way of a chance for a good flame war.

Not your fault.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Well, it's about time. Does this mean you won't pretend to know things even when you're guessing?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

It is time now to put Ray Haddad and Greg.Procter in my killfile.

*ploink*.

Life will be better without them.

Reply to
Wim van Bemmel

Good thinking!

(1) A retired Army buddy of mine can probably get us the surplus WMD for free, and (2) there's a large orange grove behind my house that's always in need of fertilizer.

( I already own my own tree-shredder, and any left-overs go to the Fargo home for indigent coyotes.)

~Pete

All in favor ...

Reply to
LD

Hi Juergen,

Ray likes to attack everything I write as he considers the Internet to be only for the US and it's citizens, so you should ignore everything not addressed directly to you.

My advice is that the headlight bulb might be connected to the function output and the lok frame, giving it half wave current. That might be intentional or accidental. (full wave - bright) (half wave - dim)

Alternatively it might and should be connected between the decoder function output and the decoder function ground to obtain full track current switched by the decoder. (I think yellow and grey wires but I don't have a decoder from your manufacturer or the manual)

That is as far as I can safely go without the decoder manual.

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg.Procter