BLI 2-10-0 with QSI-Sound have no headlight

Ray Haddad wrote:

Now THAT is funny!
--
Mike
"A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular

Just for the record, I'm not Greg's "mate", "mate".
It's you and Greg who have the room together here.

And speaking of which, let me make A Modest Proposal:
I happen to own a medium-sized -and pitch-black- basement room.
So how about we throw Haddad and Procter into it, bare nekked, each armed with a razor-sharp machete. Then we plunge the room into utter darknes and give them ten minutes to settle their differences before we flood the room with nerve gas.
I also suggest we start a betting pool: Even money if either survives, a two-to-one payback if neither does, and we pipe the gas in nine minutes early if it sounds as if negotiation might break out.
Anybody see a downside?
~Pete

And speaking of which, let me make A Modest Proposal:
I happen to own a medium-sized -and pitch-black- basement room.
So how about we throw Haddad and Procter into it, bare nekked, each armed with a razor-sharp machete. Then we plunge the room into utter darknes and give them ten minutes to settle their differences before we flood the room with nerve gas.
I also suggest we start a betting pool: Even money if either survives, a two-to-one payback if neither does, and we pipe the gas in nine minutes early if it sounds as if negotiation might break out.
Anybody see a downside?
~Pete
Cost for the gas? Who cleans up?

Good thinking!
(1) A retired Army buddy of mine can probably get us the surplus WMD for free, and (2) there's a large orange grove behind my house that's always in need of fertilizer.
( I already own my own tree-shredder, and any left-overs go to the Fargo home for indigent coyotes.)
~Pete
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:20:22 -0700 (PDT), Twibil wrote:

Hey, what ya got against feeding' the pigs??
--
Steve

Got no pigs.
Got *LOTS* of coyotes.

Good thinking!
(1) A retired Army buddy of mine can probably get us the surplus WMD for free, and (2) there's a large orange grove behind my house that's always in need of fertilizer.
( I already own my own tree-shredder, and any left-overs go to the Fargo home for indigent coyotes.)
~Pete
=======================================================All in favor ...

How could I have "differences" with Ray, considering the fact that he never contributes anything beyond pathetic attempts to put down others?
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:15:45 +1200, "Greg.Procter"

I perform a public service here. Note the cadre of malcontents who are attacking me because I pointed out how dangerous your guessing at a solution can be, Greg. Do you want to buy that poor chap a new toy? You'd scream bloody murder if he sued you over bad advice. I just saved you a lawsuit and all you can do is moan, Scarecrow. -- Ray

If my advice caused the gentleman to destroy his decoder then he had no business buying the model, let alone taking it out of it's box.
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:02:47 +1200, "Greg.Procter"

Oh, dear. Excuses already. I had you pegged for at least a week. -- Ray
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 05:57:01 +1200, David Nebenzahl

And there was me thinking you and Ray were partners! ;-)
Regards, Greg.P.

It seems you can't read a complete sentence, Ray. I said I have no experience with his specific decoder. All decoders should work much the same way and as no-one else had attempted an answer I felt my experience might be relevant as I had achieved a similar effect with a different decoder.
I have c25 years of experience with Lenz digital systems.
Regards, Greg.P.
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:12:21 +1200, "Greg.Procter"

Then this alone should have sent screaming bells off in your head to leave the answer to those who KNOW the answer. Grow up, Greg. -- Ray

Ray, I have been installing decoders for 25 years - no one with experience of the specific decoder answered rhe query. I gave a generalized answer based on experience of a similar symptom. The gentleman has the manual for his decoder so I consider that there was no need for me to repeat the information contained therein. Do you ever do anything other than troll? (one assumes you don't need an operating manual to accomplish those obvious bodily functions)
Regards, Greg.P.
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:08:50 +1200, "Greg.Procter"

To normal people with the ability to think, that should have been the first clue for you to mind your own business rather than give potentially damaging advice about something you have no clue about. -- Ray
I not understand all this replys from Date 20. Jul. 2009 to today
I write at the 12. Ju. 2009 This is a new from loco, fresh from the factory and have a bad connection cable in the loco boiler. I have re-soldered. all OK
All OK, the Decoder OK, the Loco OK. Only a bad connect to the headlight
Juergen

Sorry, Jurgen.
Neither Greg Procter nor Ray Haddad has ever let reality stand in the way of a chance for a good flame war.
Not your fault.
~Pete

Hi Juergen,
Ray likes to attack everything I write as he considers the Internet to be only for the US and it's citizens, so you should ignore everything not addressed directly to you.
My advice is that the headlight bulb might be connected to the function output and the lok frame, giving it half wave current. That might be intentional or accidental. (full wave - bright) (half wave - dim)
Alternatively it might and should be connected between the decoder function output and the decoder function ground to obtain full track current switched by the decoder. (I think yellow and grey wires but I don't have a decoder from your manufacturer or the manual)
That is as far as I can safely go without the decoder manual.
Regards, Greg.P. NZ