BLI SD40-2 photo's

Hate to drag up the subject of trains in this group, but first pre-production shots of the new SD40-2 are on the web site. I know they are pre-production, main problem I see is the number of grab irons on the right hand side of the rear end of the hood. If anyone more knowledgeable about diseasels than I* would like to contribute to the development of a model, perhaps they can email BLI with their observations?

Oh yeah - pic's at:

Steve Newcastle NSW Aust

  • - I like 'em, I just like steam more...
Reply to
Steve Magee

Trains..? Trains...? What are they?

What is wrong with the grabs other than there are two sets?

Were all SD40-2s produced with the grabs on the left side? Or did some lines prefer them on the right? I cannot really tell fronm the photos I have seen http://205.214.89.196/discus/messages/5/125.html?1073460225 shows frisco Sd40-2s with them only on the left side but the count is the same.

If some roads operated them with the grabs on the right that would explain the double set.

Art

Reply to
Art Marsh

Strange that they are asking for us to 'refrain from public discussion'! Anyway, I question the grab irons on the right side of the back end of the hood myself. I do remember that Great Northern did have 'dual' grab irons on their GP7/9's, but maybe someone ordered SD40-2's with this configuration - I suspect that they may build the actual models with 'railroad specific' details. What bothers me at this point is that fuel tank - it looks very 'clunky' - I hope this is something pre-production as well.....

Jim Bernier

Steve Magee wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bernier