BLI SD40

I just got a BLI SD40, and while I had read some negative things about them, I don't recall this:

The chime sounds distorted, like clipping occuring somewhere along the line. I eliminated a buzzing shell as a cause, and BLI service said other units they have sound the same.

Do others of you hear the same raspy chime?

Sounds sort of like the mic was overloaded.

Hal

Reply to
Hal Greenlee

Possibly you have set the sound level too high. Those small speakers distort high level inputs.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I just got a BLI unit as well (the LT mountain) and the default volume setting is 128 (max). It is way to loud and the whole thing sounds much better at 80 or 90 (dec).

Ed

in article 1EFve.1487$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com, Wolf Kirchmeir at snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote on 6/26/05 3:07 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates