Helix

Hi all

There was an article in MR ( I think ) about automatic control of a helix. Anybody remember the month - or if my memory is totally out of whack, the magazine?

thanks

Reply to
DuhAmerican

D,

Don't know the specific article/mag, but try the periodical search at Kalmbach's trains.com site. IIRC, it's at the top, right of the page.

"Paul - The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1969 In HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

Maybe I'm missing the point here. To me a Helix is a simple track which spirals from one level to another. There is nothing to automate.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

He probably wants to shove a train onto the trackage and have it stop when it gets to the other end in a yard. The simple thing is to just power the helix in the right direction at maybe

7V and when the train gets to the other end, cut off the power. This can easily be done with a photocell detector which unlatches a relay which is energized by a pushbutton when the guy wants to send a train to the other end.

Bob May

Track voltage for up/down working perhaps?

Reply to
Greg Procter