BLI AC-4/5 Cab Forward

BLI has pre-production shots of the SP cab forward on their web sites. Looks a fine loco for all SP steam fans. I like the touch of the exhaust splitter over the double chimney. (At least that's what it looks like to me - cognoscenti may correct me, if they wish)

Steve Newcastle NSW Oz

Reply to
Steve Magee

I like the touch of the exhaust splitter

Yes, it is a splitter, as per:

Steve Newcastle-On-Paradise NSW Oz

Reply to
Steve Magee

I hope the folks who are responsible for "sound" at BLI are aware that the ACs were four-cylinder machines.

Captain Handbrake

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

Reply to
Jon Miller

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:49:04 UTC, "Steve Magee" wrote: 2000

It would have looked a little better if the assembler had put the valve links in correctly, they are backwards. All in all it looks quite respectable, what little I can see of it. Yes, that is an exhaust splitter which is installed on engines that went over Donner and maybe over the Cascade line. It would not be on engines used in other districts. With the silver front and filled in plate under the cab it is correct for the late '40s and later. I am not sure when the plate was filled in but it was about 1950.

Reply to
Ernie Fisch