SP Cab Forward

Broadway Limited or the new Intermountain version ...
Has anyone seen and/or operated either or both of these Cab Forward engines
to offer an opinion as to which model they like more?
Thanks, Matt
: : Broadway Limited or the new Intermountain version ... :     Has anybody actually obtained the Intermountain? It is a snicker point at the LHS about what decade that model will actually appear.
    Besides, the real answer is - you need both. One is an AC-12, the earlier one is an AC-6 (or was it a 5?)
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.

Both is probably not possible though I certainly agree that it would be the ideal. I have a handful of Intermountian F-series engines, and they're very nice. But, I actually like my Genesis F-series more. I'm leaning toward the Broadway Limited based on the many positive comments owners have shared about their BL engines. That said, I would very much like to wait for a direct comparison before acting on one.
:Matt

Two guys in my club have them, and have had them for several months. Don't know where they got 'em though.

I believe the Broadway Limited loco is an AC-4, but the AC-5s were practically identical anyway.
Pete

I've operated the Broadway Limited AC-4, and it seems to be a high-quality item. The sound system works well even in DC mode, too. A friend of mine who belongs to the San Diego Model Railroad Club ( www.sdmrrc.org/SD_HOlay.htm ) runs a pair of them on their huge layout, using one in front and the other as a mid-train helper, and has had little or no trouble doing so. (The fact that you can reprogram the helper to shut off it's bell, whistle, and headlight functions contributes nicely to the reality of the situation.)
There are two guys in our club that have the Intermountain AC-12s, but the only comment I can remember anyone making about them is that his didn't seem to pull very well.