1/04 MR - engine identification assistance

Hello Folks,

In the 1/04 Model Railroader on p. 92, can someone please tell me which manufacturer made the Southern Pacific #4287 Cab Forward in the picture. I am guessing it's a Rivarossi model, but perhaps it's a brass model I am not familiar with.

Thanks So Much! Matt

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:00:16 UTC, Matt & Kathleen Brennan wrote: 2000

It is not a Rivarossi. That means brass. Which one I don't know.

Reply to
Ernie Fisch

I was thinking it might be a brass version, but I am out of touch with the brass market. Might you [or anyone] be able to list a few brass manufacturers who may be the creator of this specific Cab Forward [besides BLI].

Many Thanks Ernie!

:Matt

Reply to
Matt Brennan

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:04:04 UTC, mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Matt Brennan) wrote: 2000

The engine shown is an AC10, 11 or 12. You can't tell the difference between them. It has the number of an AC12 but I never believe numbers on models. The best place to look is on brass lists for one of these engines. One place is

Ernie Fisch