Branchline "Blueprint Series"

Hey Folks,

Re: Branchline "Blueprint Series"

Which cars/kits have operating, side doors?

Thanks! Matt

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Matt & Kathleen Brennan (mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote: : Hey Folks,

: Re: Branchline "Blueprint Series"

: Which cars/kits have operating, side doors?

: Thanks! : Matt

All the box car models have doors that can be made to slide open.

Reply to
S C Sillato

Thanks Steve!

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Whoa, back up that boxcar. I don't know about the rest of their kits, but their 50' Berwick boxcar kits I own scads of DO NOT have operating doors. No big deal to me though, since molding them in place keeps the door tracks and door closer to scale. That, and their cars are flat out gorgeous, and go together great.

Paul

Enjoying Rancid's "Indestructible"

Reply to
Paul

Even the plug door cars?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

The 1944 AAR cars have seperately cast doors because they offer Superior and Youngstown style doors for the kit.

They're not sliding doors in mold of the Athearn/MDC hideous claw style crap but they are separate parts and can be modeled with the door open if one choses to.

Eric

Paul wrote:

Whoa, back up that boxcar. I don't know about the rest of their kits, but their 50' Berwick boxcar kits I own scads of DO NOT have operating doors. No big deal to me though, since molding them in place keeps the door tracks and door closer to scale. That, and their cars are flat out gorgeous, and go together great.

Reply to
Eric

: >> Which cars/kits have operating, side doors? : >

: > All the box car models have doors that can be made to slide open.

: Even the plug door cars?

Nope, sorry. Berwicks are too late for me so I didn't even consider them. AAR cars all have doors that can be made moveable. I've built most of mine that way.

Reply to
S C Sillato