Branchline coaches vs. Bachmann coaches

Compared to Branchline HO coaches, how well detailed are Bachmann HO coaches? I've never seen the Bachmann passenger cars and have the opportunity to get several for about what the IHC cars sell for. My main concern is that they don't stand out like sore thumbs if in the same consist as Branchline cars and don't cause operational problems.

TIA

Reply to
Rashputin

The slack in the Bachmann couplers is excessive. The couplers sorta' hang down and are mounted in a lever driven thingee that rotates the coupler as the truck turns. The cars seem a little small, but I don't have a completed Branchline to compare. Gut feeling is that the Branchline is the way to go..

Reply to
user

Reply to
adm.nelson

Thanks a lot. That's exactly the kind of thing I needed to know. I guess the Bachmann in consists that run through from hidden storage and back to hidden storage without stops would be about all I could use the Bacbmann for given you info. The bit about trimming the Branchline for 28" is good to know as well as it lets me plan the inner track of a dual main for 30" rather than the 28" I had in mind. I've been away from the hobby for a good long time and also now have severe arthritis in my hands, so avoiding the trimming is worth the difference in the layout at this point. Knowing that now let's me avoid a lot of hassle, so thanks for that in particular.

Regards

Reply to
Rashputin

For a good comparsion you might want to go to this site and check out the differences.

Jon Miller

Thanks! Looks like I'll definitely be excluding Rivarossi coaches. Thanks for the link.

Regards

Reply to
Rashputin

Gotta admit, this post breaks all the usenet rules. Informative, non-judgemental, knowledgable, helpful, and all the good things we come to usenet hoping to find. Great post, Tony.

Reply to
3D

Reply to
adm.nelson