Poll - Modeling Era

Here's an informal poll I'm conducting at http://www.greenbayroute.com /:
Modeling Era: What era do you model? Early Steam ( - 1918)
Standard Steam (1918 - 1941) Steam / Diesel (1941- 1955) Early Diesel (1955 - 1975) Modern Diesel (1975 - present) I mix them all! I don't model
To vote, go to http://www.greenbayroute.com /. You can vote right on the home page; the poll is open through April 30.
If you'd rather just see the current results of the poll, they are at http://htmlgear.tripod.com/poll/control.poll?u=gb_route&i (&a=vote
--
Mark Mathu
The Green Bay Route: http://www.greenbayroute.com /

www.ete.org

Well, this is a poll on "era", not prototypes. But you're quite right that the eras chosen are defined by general NA practice. The dates suggest categories more like "pre-WW1", etc...
Maybe running the poll again using decades or 20 year periods since the earliest railways would be more accurate and interesting. Subcategories for each including steam, diesel, electric, etc. would make it even better. Just list all the options for every era to avoid any bias.
Dale
Also including a choice of scale and gauge for each would be good, too.

It is a poll on era, not prototypes. The descriptions given were used to tie the eras to the railroad covered by the web site, the GB&W http://www.greenbayroute.com /.

It's a simple poll, not a detailed survey.
Man, some of you modelers really go off the deep end pretty easily.

Scale was a past poll ... maybe gauge will be a future one. I guess you'll just have to check in every two months if it troubles you that much.
Previous polls: http://www.greenbayroute.com/previouspolls.htm
____ Mark Mathu

I don't think I went "off the deep end", inasmuch as I was so disinterested that I didn't even visit your poll website. I was only addressing the complaining posts about the defined "eras". I don't think I was even particularly critical, except to suggest that the eras could be better defined.
My apologies. We are to assume that the GB&W is at the center of every model railroader's consciousness. OK.
Dale
Mark Mathu skriver:

I run electical trains (1895 and forward) what shoud I vote ?
Klaus

Vote: "I mix them all!"
On Mar 2, 9:42�am, "Klaus D. Mikkelsen"

There was electricity in 1895?
--

Steve

In article <1173102828.124522.268930

Remember a dude by teh name of Ben Franklin?
--
"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds" ...PK

I model steam, electric and diesel, from 1835 to the present.
Why does this poll end when it does?

The one that is 14" up your ass?
STEVE CAPLE you still have an anal fixation why is that?
On Mar 3, 11:23?am, "STEVE CAPLE> wrote:

I'm guessing it is based on the fact that the world's largest asshole (you) have joined the group. But you need to ask him, dumbfuck.
STEVE CAPLE, funny how you know to answer regardless of sockpuppet you use? Praying for you to get right with God STEVE CAPLE.
On Mar 3, 8:01?pm, STEVE CAPLE> wrote:

<STEVE CAPLE> wrote in message

I guess we'll just both call each other STEVE CAPLE, since you can't seem to keep things straight, okay STEVE? Kind of fun actually!!
Typical troll like behavior on your part. How old are you? I am not Steve, God knows that. You are. I am not going away there is too much prayer to do here.
On Mar 3, 8:23?pm, STEVE CAPLE> wrote:

<STEVE CAPLE> wrote in message

STEVE CAPLE we all see through your little act. Come clean so folks here can get back to MR discussion.
Funny STEVE CAPLE this is the same act "David Nebenzahl" your other sock puppet used. WHOOPS guess you forgot that. We see you hiding please stop it.
On Mar 4, 12:00�pm,STEVE CAPLE> wrote:

<STEVE CAPLE> wrote in message

Funny STEVE CAPLE this routine is getting really old.. We all see what you are doing here.